cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity schedules

Jerrytech1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm familiar with basic scheduling however I have a department that closes from 12-1 for lunch. We would like to add this to the schedule to play a greeting stating the office is closed for lunch. Not sure how this is done.

2 Replies 2

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

I can think of two methods but I recommend method number1. 

Method number 1: 
Create a new call handler with exact same schedule entry as the department in question. Let's name the new call handler "LuchBreak".  Now, configure the Lunch Break call handler to play the lunch break recording during open hours (12pm-1pm), and forward the calls to department's main call handler during closed hours and holidays. Next, in CUCM, use time of day routing to send the calls to your lunch break call handler from12pm-1pm everyday, and to the department's main call handler outside of these hours.

Method number 2: 
If the department's main call handler schedule does not have a holiday schedule attached, then make every work day a holiday from 1pm-12pm and play a lunch break recording under the holiday greeting settings of the main call handler.  
Note: You don't need time of day routing in CUCM with this method. Also, this method only works if the department in question does not have a holiday schedule which I doubt. This is why I recommend method number 1. 

Do all calls to the department flow through CUC first, and then go to the phones in the department? Or do calls ring department phones, but during lunch you'd like calls to roll to CUC and play the greeting and take a message? These are two very different scenarios requiring different solutions.

Maren