cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UnityConnection upgrade problem not support 7825-I5 ?

nianqing212
Level 1
Level 1

I have a mcs7825-i5 with unityconnection version 8.5, then I want to upgrade to 8.6, but in the upgrade procedure the status reported that    "error encountered:this hardware is not longer supported "

But I checked the url http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/supported_platforms/8xcucspl.html#wp803667 ,it seems 7825-i5 supported unityconnection 8.x, and not information indicate not support 8.6

Anyone has suggestion ?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

What is the exact model u are using?

Please refer the table 3 and URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/supported_platforms/8xcucspl.html#wp771057

Table 3      Platform Memory and Hard Disk Requirements for Connection 8.x

Platform

Memory Requirement for Connection 8.x

Hard Disk Requirement for Connection 8.x

Cisco MCS 7825

When all of the following are true, each Cisco MCS 7825 server in a Digital Network must contain 4 GB of RAM:

Digital networking is configured.

Voice recognition is configured.

The sum of contacts, users, distribution lists, locations, personal contacts, and personal distribution lists exceeds 2,000.

When Cisco MCS 7825 servers contain 4 GB of RAM, the Digital Network can include up to 100,000 users.

When a Cisco MCS 7825 server contains 2 GB of RAM, the maximum number of contacts for the server is 50,000. When a Cisco MCS 7825 server contains 4 GB of RAM, the maximum number of contacts for the server is 100,000.

Connection 8.5 and later only: If you are configuring synchronization of Connection and Exchange mailboxes (single inbox), MCS 7825 servers must contain 4 GB of RAM.

Connection 8.6 and later only:All MCS 7825 servers must contain 4 GB of RAM.

All MCS 7825 servers must contain two hard disks that are the same size and that are at least 160 GB each.

Cisco MCS 7835

All MCS 7835 servers must contain 4 GB of RAM.

Connection 8.6 and later only:All MCS 7835 servers must contain 6 GB of RAM.

All MCS 7835 servers must contain two hard disks that are the same size and that are at least 146 GB each.

Cisco MCS 7845

All MCS 7845 servers must contain 4 GB of RAM.

Connection 8.6 and later only:All MCS 7845 servers must contain 6 GB of RAM.

All MCS 7845 servers must contain four hard disks that are the same size and that are at least 146 GB each.

regds,

aman

sorry I forget to update this

I opened a cast from cisco ,and TAC tell me don't use self-make bootable iso, from non-bootable iso,and unityconnection can't recognize hardware info ,that hardware is unkown,

so TAC send me an official install disk to reinstall it ,then upgrade it OK

hi,

Thanks for update.

regds,

aman