Views
Helpful
Replies

Unknown RTP version 1,3 in CUCM 11.0.1

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey hi folks,

I've one issue in Verint call recording. Scenario is when Extension A (5015) calls Extension B (7023). Call is established and both parties talk to eachother. In Wireshark logs I see unknown RTP version sometimes ver1 OR v3.

So, VERINT couldn't capture those RTP files.

I have Contact Center single site deployment. I made sure MTP termination is unchecked. Both phones are using same Device Profile. MTP, Conference and Transcoders profile to MRGL and to Device Profile.

When Extension to PSTN calls are dialed, no RTP issue noticed. VERINT captures those calls.

When Conference calls between Extension A to PSTN and Extension B, no issue observed. VERINT captures those calls.

When Extension to Extension calls are dialed, VERINT does not capture those.

Any luck...?

regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
7 Replies 7

Leszek Wojnarski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What codecs do you use for point to point calls? Is VERINTConfigured to accept whatever codec is needed. If you use 722 you might try to disable it in enterprise parameters or on the phone itself, and use 711 instead.

Leszek

lwojnars  

Thanks...

Is VERINTConfigured to accept whatever codec is needed

am not sure about what VERINT has configured and is accepting G722 or not.

What codecs do you use for point to point calls?

Under region settings, I've assigned G711Ulaw (64bit), G711alaw (64bit), g711ulaw (56bit), g711alw(56bit) and G729.

If you use 722 you might try to disable it in enterprise parameters or on the phone itself, and use 711 instead.

I tried testing extn to extn call, under call statistics "?" button, G711u is noticed. So I understand, calls is established using G711ulaw codec.

Please suggest...

regards,

Ritesh Desai. 

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Hey folks...

mgogna  No luck after changing recording source to PHONE.

lwojnars  Extn to Extn calls using G711ulaw during call establishment. During PSTN calls, G711ulaw is used to establish calls.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Ritesh,

Can you provide some more details so that everyone can understand the issue better:

- did this ever work?

- you are using SPAN based recording on BIB recording?

- you've mentioned you take pcap, where do you take it, on Verint itself? 

- I don't know much about Verint but usually those systems would require CTI integration to get CTI events about particular calls, is the CTI user created and all the phones are added.

Leszek

lwojnars  

Answers to your questions...

did this ever work? 1st time am working on Call Recording.

- you are using SPAN based recording on BIB recording? RSPAN (Remote SPAN).

- you've mentioned you take pcap, where do you take it, on Verint itself? On VERINT server.

- I don't know much about Verint but usually those systems would require CTI integration to get CTI events about particular calls, is the CTI user created and all the phones are added. JTAPI user is configured. Extensions and Agent ID's are configured to fetch the CTI events and capture RTP packets.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you set the "Recording Media Source" setting on the lines of two phones to "Phone Preferred" and make a test call between them to see if that helps.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Will test and update on this case...

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai