Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unrecoverable Installation Error while installing CUPS 10.5

Hi community,

the next great issue at this installation:

See the attached screenshot, i´m running into an unrecoverable error within the installation routing from CUPS 10.5 on a UCS-Server, BE6k.

It happened several times, i did:

Remove the machine completely from ESX

Deployed freshly the OVF for that persence server (cucm_im_p10.5_v8_v1.0.ova, also fresh downloaded from cisco)

Choosed "BE6K for 1000 Users" in that following dropdownmenu

Installed four times with the included ISO, whoch i mounted in that fresh machine

Tried two times already with the freshly downloaded and modified to bootable UCSInstall_CUP_10.5.1.12900-2.sgn, to save me time for updating it or avoid errors with the .ISO file on the datastore. BTW with checking media i couldn´t find any problems on the included one, also not the modified one. Both should work fine.

In any case i run in that error, several times, after quite a while having to wait for installation routine. Very frustrating...

Has perhaps anyone some ideas how to handle that problem? First time i encountered such an error, and i did some Presence-Installations before. No idea whats wrong.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi end2endtechs,

I had this problem before ... I had to recreate the bootable ISO, from the ISO that I downloaded from Cisco.

After it the installation works fine.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I face the same issue and I don't know what is happening. 

is it the first time you install CUPS in this cluster ? or you are recovering the CUPS ?

the first time I install the server, I didn't face any issue. when I tried to install the same server for the 2nd time, it didn't complete.

I think it is a bug with this image.

One more thing, try to change the hostname of the CUPS in CUCM pub, and reinstall the server.

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Hi Anas,

thanks for the input. I installed it first this time in that cluster, but i HAD prepared another install before, where i already removed the DNS reliability. So i thought OK, could be a reason and changed the name of the server there, like u recommended.

I´m running in the same problem again, now. Really annoying...

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Hi end2endtechs,

I had this problem before ... I had to recreate the bootable ISO, from the ISO that I downloaded from Cisco.

After it the installation works fine.

Hope this helps.

Sort of same for me, i got a new media from TAC...this then finally worked