cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CUCM to newer version but reboot/switch versions at later date - Question

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco gave me an engineering special of CUCM to fix a few known bugs in CUCM 11.5 (it's just a slightly different version of 11.5).  If possible, I would like to install the upgrade and reboot/switch to the new version later.   I know this is common and it’s possible to do it this way.  My big question is – If I install the upgrade today and schedule the reboot/switch to new version later this weekend, will any changes I make to the CUCM config also be applied to the new/upgraded version I installed? 

For example, let's say I install the CUCM upgrade today but don’t want to reboot or switch to the new version until later this weekend.  Then, today and the rest of the week I have various changes like new users being added, phones being added to CUCM, etc....will all those changes also be applied to the new version when I finally reboot/switch version to the new version? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Changes made during the intervening time between the initial upgrade and the actual "switch-version" would be lost unfortunately and would need to be re-inserted afterwords.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCum66891/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Changes made during the intervening time between the initial upgrade and the actual "switch-version" would be lost unfortunately and would need to be re-inserted afterwords.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCum66891/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Cheers!

Rob

Ok.  Thanks for confirming.  I assumed that was the case, but I wanted to be sure.  I'll just stick with my original weekend plan and install/reboot immediately to switch to the new version.  It's only 3 servers so it won't be too bad.