Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to CUCM 8.6.2 - Issue with Missed Calls directory

CiscoRunner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

We have recently upgraed our CUCM to 8.6.2 from 8.0 and we are having an issue with a number of phones where the Missed/Received calls directory is not availble any longer. Also, when users try to use extension mobility they are getting a 'host not found' error message.

Is this a know issue or is there any details available anywhere on this?

5 Replies 5

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Are you using Hostnames (DNS) for your Enterprise Parameter URL Services? If so, verify that you have the correct DNS entry and that CUCM is able to communicate with the DNS Server. I would recommened not using DNS and using the IP Address as the hostname.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

We have covered a smiliar issue in this thread...Have a look here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3678737#3678737

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hey,

Thanks for the link some good info in there but I dont think my issue is DNS based. I have looked through the TFTP file from the phone and can see that the first TFTP node that it should hit is actually an IP address. The second node is a DNS entry though - would this matter? The majority of other phones are not affected so I am guessing this doesnt matter...

What I know is that the issue is with the ITL file. Because these services are now secured (https) the ITL file needs to be matched with CUCM. For some reason some phones have not pulled the correct ITL file and deleting it and/or restoring to factory defaults seems to resolve it. Any reason why the ITL file is wrong?

Is there a way I can find out which phones are using an incorrect ITL file and or resolve this?

Dear

for ITL deleted , This issue can occur if you have changed the domain for the CUCM Publisher and Subscriber. In order toresolve this issue, you need to delete the ITL file from the phone. Complete either of these steps in order to

accomplish the task:

On 79XX IP Phone models, navigate to Settings > Security > Trust List > ITL File > **# (to

unlock the settings) > Erase.

• On 89XX/99XX Sip IP Phone models, go to Settings > Administrator Settings > Reset Settings >

Security Settings.

or

regenerate the TVS certificate from the CUCM OS Administration Page.

Other solution

1- Restart the Cisco Tomcat service , from cisco servicability

For Missed issue ,please restart your TFTP server .

Thank you

please rate if this will help

ITL file can also be different to the one presently used by the cluster if thephone has previously registered to a different cluster. In some cases you can see the issuer of the phone's certificate on the menu below the ITL file itself...

There is no easy way to check this other than comapring the ITL file on the phone to the one on the cluster it is registered to

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"