Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading CME/CUE from 8.6.6 to 8.6.12

feisalb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I am planning to upgrade a customers CME/CUE from 8.6.6 to 8.6.12 so that they can support the new phone model 7841 and 8821.

I have downloaded the cue-vm-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.12.zip and cue-vm-en_GB-langpack.sme.8.6.12.prt1.

The zip file consist of these files:

cue-installer.SPA.sme.8.6.12

cue-vm-full-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.12.prt1

cue-vm-installer-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.12.prt1

cue-vm-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.12.key

cue-vm-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.12.pkg

cue-vm-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.12.pkg.install.sre

cue-vm-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.12.pkg.install.sre.header

cue-vm-langpack.sme.8.6.12.pkg

url to the upgrade guide http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_6/install/CUE_86_install/upgrade.html#wp1152667

And instructions state for a staged install:

Step 5 Copy the core files and the language package file to the FTP server.

"To install the package directly from the FTP without downloading the package before installing it, use the software install upgrade url ftp://ftp_server_ip_address/software install upgrade cue-vm-k9.nmx.pkg command."

My question are:

1 Do I need to install all the above files or is it just the "cue-vm-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.12.pkg". (I know I will need to install the langpack seperately)
2 Once I have downloaded and upgraded 8.6.12 how do I restore the previous version if I need to revert back.

Thanks

Feisal

3 Replies 3

Simon Sparks
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure why but I can only download the en_US version would you mind sharing your

cue-vm-en_GB-langpack.sme.8.6.12.prt1

en_GB version with me.

You should be able to download the language package from here -
https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282852837&softwareid=282774362&release=8.6.12&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Taken the fact that your CCO ID is entitled for software download(s) else you will see "Additional Entitlement Required" instead of download.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
1. All the files mentioned including the language package need to be made available to the CUE via FTP server. With the "software install upgrade" command you will reference the .pkg file which will be "cue-vm-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.12.pkg" in your case.

2. You cannot downgrade effectively. By that I mean, you would need to clean install to a lower version and then restore the backup. This is something that is not recommended.

There should not be any reason for you to downgrade the CUE.