Views
Helpful
Replies

Use PC as a TFTP server for a 7911

adelaura
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

During a migration a lots of Cisco 7911 crash and they download a too old version of the filmware that is not compatible with the CM 11.X.

I know that I can you my PC as a TFTP server but I don't now how and I don't which filmware version I have to install on those phones.

Adele.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Adele,

You can follow the procedure in the provided links. Reg the firmware version, I would suggest that you load the firmware version 8.5(2) using a TFTP software in PC and then upgrade to the required version by connecting it to the CUCM as the minimum version needed to upgrade to any of the latest firmware like 9.4(x) is 8.5(2).

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You can follow the below link on how to use tftd32 and use it as a TFTP on your desktop. Google for more links and you would find many.

http://www.tricksguide.com/how-to-setup-a-tftp-server-tftpd32-windows.html

You can download the cop files for phones firmware from cisco.com and can take them directly to the versions that you want your phones to be on and take it from there for migration.

HTH
Regards

Abhay

Kindly rate all helpful posts !!!

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Sam Smiley
Level 3
Level 3

Here is a good guide on how to do this...

http://www.adrianandgenese.com/blogger/2011/02/16/how-to-upgrade-or-convert-a-cisco-ip-79xx-7940-7960-794x-796x-797x-phone-to-sip-or-sccp/

The firmware level you need to install is dependent on the UC version you are running.

Cheers,
Sam

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Adele,

You can follow the procedure in the provided links. Reg the firmware version, I would suggest that you load the firmware version 8.5(2) using a TFTP software in PC and then upgrade to the required version by connecting it to the CUCM as the minimum version needed to upgrade to any of the latest firmware like 9.4(x) is 8.5(2).

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts