Views
Helpful
Replies

Using h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr ip-address on two different ip Address

Lulzim Islami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a voice router Cisco 3945 configured as a H323 Gateway which is connected with PSTN via E1 line. There is a need to purchase another E1 line with different number. I have two E1 slots, one is empty currently. Is there any issue if I use same router to act as a two separate Gateways on CUCM?

Interface GigabitEthernet0/0 is already configured:

interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 ip address X.X.X.X X.X.X.X.X
 duplex auto
 speed auto
 h323-gateway voip interface
 h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr X.X.X.X

Is there going to be a one way audio issues if I configure GigabitEthernet0/1 with different subnet and add-it on CUCM as a separate Gateway?

GigabitEthernet0/1

ip address (different from the existing one)
 duplex auto
 speed auto
 h323-gateway voip interface
 h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr X.X.X.X

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Again, you do not need to do this.

If you want to run both H.323 and MGCP on the router, you can do this without adding another IP address. MGCP and H.323 are different protocols, so they can both be bound to the same IP/interface.

CUCM identifies an MGCP gateway by hostname/domain name, and a H.323 gateway by IP address - they are seen as two separate devices even if they are on the same IP.

Adding a second interface/IP will make routing more complicated and probably create problems for you.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You would not typically add it as two gateways. I think there's only a single bind-point per router on H.323.

If you want to be able to route directly to each E1 (I'm guessing what you are really asking here) you would set up route patterns on CUCM that insert a prefix, the prefix is sent to the gateway with the called number, and then the prefix is used on the gateway to select a dial-peer which points at the E1 you want to use.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

One more question please:

How about running MGCP and H.323 on the same voice gateway, currently I'm running H323 and if I want to add another E1 line can I configure physical interface with different subnet and make it as second gateway except this one to run in MGCP?

Thank you,

Hi

Again, you do not need to do this.

If you want to run both H.323 and MGCP on the router, you can do this without adding another IP address. MGCP and H.323 are different protocols, so they can both be bound to the same IP/interface.

CUCM identifies an MGCP gateway by hostname/domain name, and a H.323 gateway by IP address - they are seen as two separate devices even if they are on the same IP.

Adding a second interface/IP will make routing more complicated and probably create problems for you.

Aaron

Hi Lulzim

Thanks for the rating - please remember to mark the thread as 'answered' if you are happy with the response received. This helps to highlight useful content...

Aaron