cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using one 3945 gateway with 2 different CUCM Clusters

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

I have a CUCM 7.1 Cluster and a CUCM 8.6 cluster.  The 8.6 cluster is currenlty setup and routing traffic inbound and outbound using a 3945 gateway perfectly.  I do not want to change any of this.

I want to start routing calls from the 7.1 cluster out the 3945 gateway now as well, ONLY outbound calls.  Attached is the current config for the 3945 gateway that is working with the 8.6 cluster.

I have a SIP trunk built in the 7.1 cluster, the route list, route group and the route pattern, [2-9]XXXXXX.  I am not 100% positive what I need to configure on the 3945 to allow the 7.1 cluster to send calls to it. 

I know every call uses 2 dial peers.

One from the pstn to the gw and another from the gw to cucm.

Or

One from cucm to the gw then one from the gw to the pstn.

To or from cucm is a voip dial peer.

To or from the pstn is a POTS dial peer

I thought the CUCM 7.1 SIP trunk would send the call to the gateway based on the IP address I configured and would match the POTS dial peer currently configured on the 3945 gateway and route the call to the PSTN. 

Well i was not so lucky.  Can one of you Dial Peer Jedi's enlighten me please on what I am missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Besides good point from Terry (+5), couple of things:

1. consider SIP global configuration which among other things would bind an interface to SIP protocol

2. If this is IOS 15.1.1T or newer you need to consider toll-fraud prevention mechanism, so you will either need to turn it off, add other cluster CUCM IPs to it, or ensure you have dial-peers with session target of all CUCMs listed.

3. For dial peers, you should not need any more pots dial peers as those already work, but it might be a good idea to build a default incoming voip dial-peer, one that is defined with "incoming-called number ." to ensure proper codec, sip usages, dtmf, etc. otherwise default voip dial peer 0 will be invoked which is h323 dial-peer.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In the CUCM 7 if your route pattern is not like this change to - 9.[2-9]XXXXXX and do not do any digit strip. If your RL etc is setup ok it should hit the dial-peer 100. I assume your users will be dialing 9 as access code.

Edit:

If RP is correct, then can you post the output of debug Voip dialpeer inout, when you try to make a call. It will tell if your call is hitting the gateway or not and if its matching a dial peer or not.

Terry

Besides good point from Terry (+5), couple of things:

1. consider SIP global configuration which among other things would bind an interface to SIP protocol

2. If this is IOS 15.1.1T or newer you need to consider toll-fraud prevention mechanism, so you will either need to turn it off, add other cluster CUCM IPs to it, or ensure you have dial-peers with session target of all CUCMs listed.

3. For dial peers, you should not need any more pots dial peers as those already work, but it might be a good idea to build a default incoming voip dial-peer, one that is defined with "incoming-called number ." to ensure proper codec, sip usages, dtmf, etc. otherwise default voip dial peer 0 will be invoked which is h323 dial-peer.

HTH,

Chris

Chris thanks for your additions(+5).

Hopewell2 - Let us know how did you go.

Terry

Hey Chris and Terry thanks for the feed back! 

This turned out to be a gateway configuration issue and nothing to do with call manager. I was playing with debugs this morning. I ran the

debug voice ccapi inout

and saw in the logs

5759813: Apr 9 09:14:56.454: //8018725/804DBA770700/CCAPI/cc_process_call_setup_ind:

>>>>CCAPI handed cid 8018725 with tag 0 to app "_ManagedAppProcess_TOLLFRAUD_APP" <----

5759814: Apr 9 09:14:56.454: //8018725/804DBA770700/CCAPI/ccCallDisconnect:

The TOLLFRAUD_APP lead me to -- http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080b3e123.shtml

This is something new with IOS 15.

I was able to create a trusted list with the CUCM 7.1 servers and the calls started flowing through the gateway.

I love when magic happens!

Correct, see my previous statement:

Thanks for the update.

Chris