cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UWL licensing issues.

RVercellino_2
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased 50 LIC-UWL-STD1 licenses for my CallManager / Unity Connection 8.x deployment and received a nice binder with multiple PAK numbers in it.  Not knowing how the licensing registration worked, I started and registered the first PAK which corresponded with the CUCM.  It allowed me to assign a maximum of 240 to it.  It wasn't until later that I realized that I should have only chosen 50.  So now, Cisco licensing believes that I should have 240 licenses for CUCM and only 10 for Unity Connection.  Cisco licensing can not help me place the licensing back to how it should have been, because that is how it was registered.  Does anyone know what steps need to be taken to get the licensing corrected?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, until CUCM 9.0 all PAKs use DLU based count which is always higher number from what number of users you purchased. UWL-Standard provides 8 DLUs for each user, so if you ordered 50 UWL standard licenses you should have received 50*8=400 DLUs on your PAK. See table 7 in ordering guide if you posses partner access:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/cuwl_ordering_guide.pdf

The UCON UCXN8-UWL-PAK PAK should reflect the exact UCON voicemail user count, so if you ordered 50 UWL-Standard users this PAK should have provided you with 50 user counts.

If you received something different from the above you need to work with the licensesing team to get it resolved, send them the PAKs and Cisco sales order so they can resolve this for you. Stay persistent as sometimes that team is quick to wash their hands.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All CUCM PAKs (CUCM-UWL-PAK) correspond to CUCM as the count is DLU not actual users.  For Unity you should have received seperate PAK, i.e. UCXN8-UWL-PAK.

Chris

Chris, thank you for your reply.  That is correct.  But when I registered the PAK for UCXN8-UWL-PAK it did not ask for the number to assign.  It was only when I received the license file and loaded it, did I realize that I had only 10 licensed seats for Unity Connection. 

Are you saying that when I was asked the number to assign to the CUCM-UWL-PAK, that has nothing to do with the number assigned to UCXN8-UWL-PAK?

Thanks,

Rob

Correct, until CUCM 9.0 all PAKs use DLU based count which is always higher number from what number of users you purchased. UWL-Standard provides 8 DLUs for each user, so if you ordered 50 UWL standard licenses you should have received 50*8=400 DLUs on your PAK. See table 7 in ordering guide if you posses partner access:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/cuwl_ordering_guide.pdf

The UCON UCXN8-UWL-PAK PAK should reflect the exact UCON voicemail user count, so if you ordered 50 UWL-Standard users this PAK should have provided you with 50 user counts.

If you received something different from the above you need to work with the licensesing team to get it resolved, send them the PAKs and Cisco sales order so they can resolve this for you. Stay persistent as sometimes that team is quick to wash their hands.

Chris

Thank you Chris.  Very helpful.  I was unable to follow the link posted.  Is it possible to upload? Or email directly?

Thanks,

Rob

Sorry, you will need to work with your cisco partner to get it, but you should have everything you need to proceed with resolving your issue. The table I was referencing is here:

Chris

Thank you Chris.

UPDATE

Chris,

Here's an update to the issue we were having.  Turns out we had 40 upgrade UWL licenses and 10 new UWL licenses.  The upgrade UWL licenses equate to 4 DLUs and the new UWL licenses equate to 8 DLU, so 40*4=160, 10*8=80, and 160+80=240.  We were however able to get new DLUs for all of our phones and other equipment that we migrated.  As for the Unity Connection licensing; because we had 40 upgrade UWL licenses, we have to use PUT to install UNCN8-UTYMG-K9 to upgrade the 40 Unity 4.x licenses to Unity Connection 8.x licenses.  Now everything works.  Thanks for your help.

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: