Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 - Version Upgrade

Yanivaloosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i would like to upgrade vg224 from version 12.4 to version 15.1.

Any idea what file i should download and install on VG?

Thx.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It depends on how you want to transmit your data or how much its sensitive is the voice packets which you want to transfer over the network. The difference between those 2 images is IPSEC service.

IPSEC is a framework of open standards developed by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). IPSec provides security for transmission of sensitive information over unprotected networks such as the Internet. IPSec acts at the network layer, protecting and authenticating IP packets between participating IPSec devices ("peers"), such as your VG224.

Note that both images required 128/64 DRAM/Flash and there is 2MB size difference between them, so both will be suitable to the device.

Hope that help

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It depends on how you want to transmit your data or how much its sensitive is the voice packets which you want to transfer over the network. The difference between those 2 images is IPSEC service.

IPSEC is a framework of open standards developed by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). IPSec provides security for transmission of sensitive information over unprotected networks such as the Internet. IPSec acts at the network layer, protecting and authenticating IP packets between participating IPSec devices ("peers"), such as your VG224.

Note that both images required 128/64 DRAM/Flash and there is 2MB size difference between them, so both will be suitable to the device.

Hope that help

Regards

I'm using the current version on other VG - boot system slot0: vg224-i6s-mz.151-4.m7.bin