cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG248 interface down

wfqk
Level 5
Level 5

Hi VG248 interface is down. The interface is connected to switch. we confirmed the switch port is good. and we can logon to it by console. Anyone can give some suggestion? Thank you

5 Replies 5

Hi,

First make sure physical link is up/down. If down login to core switch and check "show cdp neighbors"

Or else connect to console and verify VG interface IP address, Speed, Duplex and ip route settings.

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Thank you so much for your reply.

@Ramamoorthy Shanmugam wrote:

First make sure physical link is up/down. If down login to core switch and check "show cdp neighbors"

We confirmed the physical switch port and the cable are good. but the issue is VG248 port which is connected to the switch is down. The switch cannot see this cdp neighbor and cannot see VG248 port. It is NIC port issue of VG248. but how can we further confirm this from VG248 side?  

Or else connect to console and verify VG interface IP address, Speed, Duplex and ip route settings.

After connected to it by console, we can see configuration is same as before. and not find any issue

Honestly, I know you don’t want to hear it, but this could be simple hardware failure. That dinosaur went end of sale eight years ago and no doubt was installed long before then. The current generation equivalent is a VG320.

i agree, but it would bring some compatibility issue with other VG248 and CUCM etc. 

Ok, I'll bite: what incompatibility does a VG310/320 create with the VG248 inventory in your environment? They are supported as far back as CUCM 9.1(2)SU2, have a compatible T.38 NSE-based fax relay switchover, and the VG248 never supported modem or text relay in the first place.