Views
Helpful
Replies

Video issues between Jabber and SX20 VC device

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

We have just created a SIP trunk from our CUCM running 8.6 and our Cisco VC device, I think its an expressway.

We can make voice calls no problem from our IP phones, however when I try to make a video call from jabber client to a VC device, the video comes on for a second, then goes off!

Any ideas why this would be ?

cheers

Carl

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you checked your cucm location configuration that you have set enough bandwidth for video. You should check the location configuration for jabber and the sip trunk

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you checked your cucm location configuration that you have set enough bandwidth for video. You should check the location configuration for jabber and the sip trunk

Thanks for this, I set the trunk to the same location as my CUCM and it worked!!

is 384K not enough?

also does location control the total amount and region do per call ?

Ideally 384k should be enough for video. Have a look at this link and it will tell you what performance expectation you should get with what badnwidth.

Location determines the amount of bandwidth available while your region sets what codec you will use for calls including video calls.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_010.html#JABW_RF_P02ECF56_00