Views
Helpful
Replies

View Incoming Calls on FXO ports?

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I often use the debug command "debug isdn q931" to view incoming calls for a PRI.

I see the Calling number, Called Number, and the Redirecting number.  Great command for troubleshooting purposes!

What equivalent command can I use to see similar details for calls coming in from FXO ports?

BTW - "debug voip dialpeer all" does not provide good data, so I'm hoping there is a better one out there.

Thank you!

-rya

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You want to use 'debug vpm sig' to see what is happening on the FXO port.

Though it sounds like you don't need to troubleshoot the signaling, as much as know where the call is routing in and out of.  You should run 'debug voip ccapi inout' for that.  This debug is useful anytime a voice call traverses a gateway.  It's our call control API debug, and is the breadand butter of troubleshooting IOS call routing, disconnects, etc.

Keep in mind that on inbound calls for FXO, digits aren't sent, so you wouldn't expect to see digits on inbound calls.  Inbound routing is controlled with a PLAR.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You want to use 'debug vpm sig' to see what is happening on the FXO port.

Though it sounds like you don't need to troubleshoot the signaling, as much as know where the call is routing in and out of.  You should run 'debug voip ccapi inout' for that.  This debug is useful anytime a voice call traverses a gateway.  It's our call control API debug, and is the breadand butter of troubleshooting IOS call routing, disconnects, etc.

Keep in mind that on inbound calls for FXO, digits aren't sent, so you wouldn't expect to see digits on inbound calls.  Inbound routing is controlled with a PLAR.

Thanks I do see better call details now.

- rya

Hello Steven,

I think you should show us the output of the debug vpm signal command for ok calls and for not ok calls, so we could understand how the signaling works.