cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VM for unity cnx unified messaging license in 9.X

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

I have one customer having CUCM cluster 8.0.3 and willing to upgrade to 9.1, we want to properly plan the upgrade in order not to face issues. Some users have voice mail (unified messaging) and some normal voice messaging. How does 9.1 consider each type of user from license perspective? does it require them to have Enhanced license or Standard?

regards,

Ibrahim

6 Replies 6

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please refer this link.

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-30825

regdss,

aman

Hi Aman,

thanks for the link. Actually i am confused now. the link states that Jabber Mobile is considered as part of CUWL PRO and unified messaging is supported starting from Standard license

i run the UCT tool with CUCM and got the below results:

note that i have registered Qty 11 Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone and also i have users with voice mail (unity connection). the UCT tool considered these users as enhanced users and not STD or PRO

Can you please explain that

regards,

Ibrahim

Hi Ibrahim,

I have been trying to search but could not find the reason why Jabber Mobile instead of CUWL PRO is showing Enhhanced user.

I could find the below chart.

Please give me sometime if I can find the info.

regds,

aman

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since the original post was in regards to voicemail I will answer that, unity connection has a single voicemail type, which you receive with any CUWL variant.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Aman, i will wait your reply.

Hi Chris,

Our original order was Standard CUWL in 7.X in addition to some Entry license and now we are planning to upgrade to 9.X for both CUCM and unity connection.

The problem we are facing is the non clearance of the license migration. Based on Cisco documentation the license selection is based on the phone type and user features used while the UCT tool is not giving real figures to reflect what is writen in documentation (especialy the users with voice mail)

now if the system (UCT tool) counts my license usage as enhanced for those users and i proceeded with the upgrade then i may loose the voice mail functionality after the upgrade

so if you can justify that it will be great

regards,

Ibrahim

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I got to know that I have to run both CUCM and unity connection in the UCT tool to get more accurate results. I am not sure this will solve the issue but I will give it a try

Regards,
Ibrahim

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App