cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vmware for cucm 7

ssunder1985
Level 1
Level 1

What vmware i have to use to install cucm 7.
vmware workstation 7 or vmware server or exsi 4 or 5. please give me correct link to download and vmware config settings.

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For supported deployments, neither one, we only support 8.0(2) and above on ESXi

For lab/testing I use ESXi 4.1, you can download the regular or the modified Cisco version from VMware page, either will work.

As it's not supported, there's no OVA for it, mine is configured with 1 vCPU, 80GB HDD, 2 GB RAM and RHEL 4.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This one i have to use

VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 4.0               VMware ESXi 4.1 Installable Cisco Customized ISO Image (English)

or this one

VMware vSphere Hypervisor 5                    VMware vSphere Hypervisor (English)

if both are wrong please give me link for right vmware

Use the 1st one

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

VMware ESXi 4.1 Installable Cisco Customized ISO Image

this one have to install on vm workstation 7 or vm server 2 or some other platform

Hey

I have installed VM Player and VMware Work station 7.0 on separate laptops and trying to bring up GUI but no luck. I am using Bridge mode. I can ping the IP address from CMD but can not bring up on GUI.

Here is what my CLI Says

Show network eth0

Eth0

DHCP Disabled                               Status    up

IP address 1.1.1.1                            IP Mask 255.000.000.000

Link Detected Yes                           Mode Auto Enabled , Full 1000 MB

Duplicate IP No

Gateway 1.1.1.2 on Eth0

Now i have my VMWare Network Adapter IP Address is 1.1.1.2 255.0.0.0

Packet Sent 1902 recived 0

I guess this is culprit.

Can someone please assist me. I have been trying for few days and have not had any luck. searched it and asked few of friends but so far no luck.

Masood

If you have received '0' packets then it suggests that you are sending the ping packets to something else. Try disabling the CUCM NIC, and see if you can still ping it. If you can, find out what is using that address and move it.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

ESXi needs to be the hypervisor. You cannot do nested virtual machines for CUCM.

Hey Rob, Thanks for this. But i managed to bring up GUI. I have to logon to ccmservice area (https:// address CUCM>/ccmservice) and there i got to make sure all the services are activated / running.

Now

I have Calll Manager 7.0 running on VMWare work staton 7. It is running in Bridge mode getting its default gateway from my ISP. When i run my virtual machine without having internet connection, call manager goes down since it cannot reach its default gateway. I have been reading cisco community blogs and noticed i got to have either microsoft loopback adapter installed or i can install VMware virtual network editor to make it work when i am offline. I have installed both of them and changed my network adapter setting for VMWare from bridged to NAT / Host but still no luck. Can someone help me out. The 2nd question i have, can i run Call manager 8 on Vmware Work Station 7/8/9 or do i need ESXi 4.0 minimum. Also for testing purposes where can i get Call manager ISO file to run on VMware or do i need to purchase one from Ebay etc.

harish9211
Level 1
Level 1

you can install vmware workstation its working fine um using the same.