cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voce Router HSRP Configuration(Inbound and outbound calls not working)

sithum
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Presently, within my VOICE network, there's a Cisco 2900 router serving as a voice router. However, I'm in the process of replacing the Cisco 2900 router with two Cisco 4300 routers to enhance redundancy in my voice network.

To achieve this redundancy, I've configured HSRP (Hot Standby Router Protocol) on both of the new Cisco 4300 routers. Here are the IP addresses I've assigned:

- Current router IP: 192.168.10.5 (used as the standby IP)
- New router one IP: 192.168.10.11
- New Router two IP: 192.168.10.12

After successfully configuring HSRP, I conducted testing within my existing network. It's worth noting that HSRP is functioning smoothly; internal network calls are routed without any issues. However, I'm encountering challenges with outbound calls (calls outside the network) and inbound calls (incoming calls from outside the network), as both are not functioning correctly.

Please help me in addressing this matter

Thanks 

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...as both are not functioning correctly.
 - What do you mean by that , can you elaborate ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

HI Marce1000,

I mean inbound and outbound calls are not working. (but inside network calls are routing)

Thanks & Regards

Sithum Dinushan

Hi,
you cannot / should not use HSRP on 4k or 8k CUBEs.
You need to configure them as "Box-to-box redundancy"
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-cube-high-availability-ISR4K.html