cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Gateway IP address change

mmillington_nal
Level 1
Level 1

I need to change the IP addresses of my voice gateways (not CUCM servers), and I want to make sure I don't forget anything in CUCM 7.0. We have a centralized cluster, with remote locations that use centralized CUCM, but local voice gateways for external calls and SRST.

They're MGCP gateways, so do I even need to do anything? If I change IP addresses, when it re-registers with CUCM, is it going to create a new gateway?

I need to change the SRST configurations for each location.

Is there anything else I'm forgetting that will need to be updated in CUCM? What about Unity Connection?

Thanks in advance!!

-Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You covered everything, after you change it on the GW you may need to do "no mgcp", "mgcp" as well as "no sccp", "sccp" if you are using hardware media resources on it as well, but that should covert everything. Unity nor any other application cares abut the IP address as all calls are routed via CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You covered everything, after you change it on the GW you may need to do "no mgcp", "mgcp" as well as "no sccp", "sccp" if you are using hardware media resources on it as well, but that should covert everything. Unity nor any other application cares abut the IP address as all calls are routed via CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure I didn't overlook anything since I've not done it before.

Thanks Chris!