Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice gateway T1 channel full query

akhils_87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have requirement where 2 Voice gateways exist, now I have 4 T1s to be implemented, two on each. The DID range is 1xxx and 7xxx.Shall I configure both ranges on both VG exactly same and put them in Route group say, vg06 as first and vg07 as second.

Would my call go to 2nd VG i.e. VG07 in case first VG channels are full or do I need to do some special config on VG/CUCM also.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Really depends on how you want to use them, for inbound it's controller by telco, for outbound it is on you, and if you simply want to balance the outbound traffic across the 2 GWs and 2 PRIs on each then add both GWs/Trunks to common Route group with circular routing algorithm and then on the GW configure both PRI D-channels in the same trunk group with same priority (assuming SIP/H323 config).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would use MGCP to do this. you can add each T1 as a separate GW and then add the two ports/gateway into a single RG tor as two RGs in a single RL.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Really depends on how you want to use them, for inbound it's controller by telco, for outbound it is on you, and if you simply want to balance the outbound traffic across the 2 GWs and 2 PRIs on each then add both GWs/Trunks to common Route group with circular routing algorithm and then on the GW configure both PRI D-channels in the same trunk group with same priority (assuming SIP/H323 config).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: