Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice GW and CUCM incoming calls

albertochavez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have just installed a 3945 as a Voice Gateway, connected to a couple of E1 links (one would be for incoming calls, the other one just for outgoing).

I'm having an issue related to the incoming calls, I call to some of the numbers assigned to that Incoming E1 and even though I see a voice port coming up and "seized" during my test, I can't get my call to be routed to a couple of test IP Phones I have already registered on the CUCM; the call gets idle for a moment then goes to busy signal.

Here's the E1 port configuration.

controller E1 0/0/1
framing NO-CRC4
ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-15,17-31 type r2-digital r2-compelled ani
cas-custom 0
  country venezuela
  answer-signal group-a 6
  dnis-complete

I'm using this to translate what is incoming thru the voice port to an actual DN on the CUCM:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 5 /^/ /22/
!
!
voice translation-profile Entrantes
translate called 1

!

voice-port 0/0/1:0
translation-profile incoming Entrantes
cptone VE
description Llamadas Entrantes CPA

Here's my dial-peer which would redirect the call to the CUCM:

dial-peer voice 100 voip
destination-pattern 22[3-9]..
session target ipv4:X.X.X.X
voice-class codec 10
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
no vad

I should get only the last 3 digits dialed as my service provider told me, that's why the translation is based on any digits I'd get.

What can it be wrong? I'm still checking with my SP, but they have told me that to them everything seems fine.

Thanks in advanced

Cheers,

6 Replies 6

frlindse
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Albert,

This could be a start

voice-port 0/0/1:0
translation-profile incoming Entrantes
cptone VE
description Llamadas Entrantes CPA

the translation-profile should be on the inbound dial-peer, placing it under the voice-port works if you are recieving the dnis "en bloc", however E1R2 delivers it one digit at a time.  If you look at

debug voip ccapi inout

debug vpm signal

debug vtsp all

you will see the digits coming in and you are probably getting cause code 1 or 3, both signify no route to destination.

Hello frlindse,

Thanks for your quick reply.

After looking at the output of the debug you told me (attached cause it's quite long), every time I call as you said, it seems to get one digit at a time; but I think somehow I'm not getting the last two digits as it should be, since I always get "Digits To Dial=5" as the second one and "Digits To Dial=#" as the last one; or maybe it showing that since it's trying to get all the digits at once? I'm getting a little confused about that now.

Please take a glance at the attached file.

Thanks again!

Best regards

Hi Alberto,

Yes E1R2 is a variety of T1-CAS, the only circuit that sends "en bloc" is ISDN, so this pulses each digit separately.  With compelled ani type circuits you should get the first two digits of the dnis, then the ani, then the rest of the dnis.  If they aren't sending the ani the gateway will drop the call as it is required.  For Venezuela, I'm not sure how the cas custom should be set, here is a known working config for Brazil

controller E1 0/2/0
framing NO-CRC4
ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-15,17-31 type r2-digital r2-compelled ani
cas-custom 0
  country brazil
  debounce-time 20
  seizure-ack-time 40
  double-answer
  answer-signal group-b 1
  answer-guard-time 500

rcrumm_2
Level 2
Level 2

Do you have an incoming dial peer configured?

Randall

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello,

@frlindse: Turns out there's some problem with our SP, they have now changed their speech on this and are working on it, since they must have figured there is something wrong on their side, given the digits I'm getting.

I'm using this paper http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a008024903b.shtml as a support on how to configure the E1 interfaces for this particular SP.

@Randall: yes, I have the one that avoids toll-fraud

dial-peer voice 1 pots
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
forward-digits all

You think I might need additional config here?

Thanks both of you for your replies.

Best regards,

Alberto

Hello,

Well, it all was a bug on the version running on the router gateway.

After updating from version:

c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-1.T2.bin

to

c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-2.T1.bin

The configuracion worked like a charm.

Thanks anyway to all

Best regards,