Views
Helpful
Replies

Error MEssage - Battery status: Failed (replace batteries) in Callmanager 7.1.3

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have a CallManager model 7835H2 working version 7.1.3 and in the cmplatform is appearing the following message: Battery status: failed (replace batteries). I would like know if this message is about the battery that in the CPU (Battery clock). Anybody have idea?

Thanks,

Wilson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Please let us know if the TAC can solve it or they have to replace a hardware.

Amer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello Wilson,

NO , it's not the main board battery , it't the Raid controller Battery.

There is a Battery on the Raid controller that can cache what is in the buffer , it vary from battery to another depends on the size.

I only worked with IBM servers not HP , usualy even when i order the hardware from IBM directly (Not MCS) i don't order the batteries , i asked the guys around here they all said that even if you take off the battery , there is no problem since all the RAID config is restored on the harddisks , not the battery , the battery is used that in case there is any process in the buffer you will not loose it in case of a power failure on the server.

I do recommened if you have a valid support to open a TAC , you can replace it from HP through cisco TAC.

Hope that was helpful.

Amer

Hi Amer,

Thank You for your attentation. I opened the case in Cisco TAC, after solve this problem what the solution was applied.

Thanks,

Wilson

Hello,

Please let us know if the TAC can solve it or they have to replace a hardware.

Amer

Hi Amer,

I am sorry by delay. After change the battery the problem was solved. Thank You for attentation

Wilson