cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voicemail busy tone

Isaac
Level 1
Level 1

I have one user when they hit the voicemail button on the 7821 IP phone they hear a busy signal. No one else is having issues. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

voicemail profile is set to default and mine is too (from my phone I can reach voicemail). I checked this user is in Unity and does have a mailbox. I am asking the user if he can reach voicemail pilot number. I am now comparing settings in Unity (not sure if this is the right way to go) and did notice a couple things were different but when I go to make the change I receive this error:

Update failed. The system has exceeded its time limit to resolve license non-compliance issues. User provisioning is not allowed until the license compliance issues are resolved

a couple things were different for this user than what is setup on my voicemail settings: this user had set for self-enrollment at next sign in ( I did not have this checked, I unchecked it)

also generate SMTP proxy address from corp address. after this I figured out that the user's extension was wrong from LDAP. I have changed this and it now works

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Isaac
Level 1
Level 1

we are on cucm 12.0 and unity 12.0

What troubleshooting have you done so far?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Are you able to hit dialing the Voicemail pilot number? Also, check the Voicemail profile is selected on this phone

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

voicemail profile is set to default and mine is too (from my phone I can reach voicemail). I checked this user is in Unity and does have a mailbox. I am asking the user if he can reach voicemail pilot number. I am now comparing settings in Unity (not sure if this is the right way to go) and did notice a couple things were different but when I go to make the change I receive this error:

Update failed. The system has exceeded its time limit to resolve license non-compliance issues. User provisioning is not allowed until the license compliance issues are resolved

a couple things were different for this user than what is setup on my voicemail settings: this user had set for self-enrollment at next sign in ( I did not have this checked, I unchecked it)

also generate SMTP proxy address from corp address. after this I figured out that the user's extension was wrong from LDAP. I have changed this and it now works

Obviously in the medium term you need to resolve that licensing issue.  However if Unity Connection is working in general, and other user can make access, then it's more likely that the problem with this particular phone is within CUCM.  Even if the user was completely missing in Unity Connection he should get the opening greeting.   CSS error in CUCM would give an annunciator message like "your call cannot be completed ..".   What codecs are in effect, for Unity Connection, for this phone and for the other working phones?