cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail button on 7841 doesn't call voicemail

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

I reviewed many related posts where pressing the Voicemail button doesn't do anything. So far I've verified settings as mentioned, but it's just one phone that has the trouble (I believe). I wanted to duplicate the situation on my test 7841, but haven't seen any different settings comparing mine which works to the one that doesn't. The customer just started using the phone, previously she primarily used Jabber to play voicemail messages. She can get to voicemail by calling the number directly. 

Initially the trouble reported was voicemail was not answering - the DN was set to None rather than the voicemail setting we use. It's now set accordingly and voicemail answers. Doubt it will help but I will try restarting her phone.

2 Replies 2

If I understand correctly, you have set the Voice Mail Profile on the user's DN and now when the Messages button is pressed Unity Connection answers. Is that right?

If Unity Connection is answering with the Opening Greeting ("Hello. Welcome to Unity Connection.....") then this means that the DN sent when the Messages button was pressed was not matched to a voicemail box or call handler DN. 

So, does a voicemail box exist that has an extension matching the DN? (Or if you are masking the caller ID on Messages calls at the Voice Mail Profile - does the resulting number match a voicemail box?)

You can check to see what CUCM is sending CUC by logging into CUC using the RTMT and using the "Unity Connection" panel to poll your voicemail ports. 

Please let me know if I have misinterpreted your post, or if you need additional help.

Maren

No - just the opposite, the Voicemail button on her phone does nothing when pressed. She can access her voicemail profile by entering the Unity access number manually, she hears 'Enter your PIN...' and can proceed accordingly.

Edited this post, as a bit later I restarted her phone and it works now. Maybe because when her phone was initially configured, the DN had 'None' for Voice Mail Profile, while she has one in Unity. It seems things may have got out of sync.

Thanks for the other information. I do have RTMT.