Replies

Voicemail for a hunt pilot number

robertchung1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a hunt pilot number configured with 4 extensions behind it -

51130 (hunt pilot number)

51131     51132    51133    51144 (line group extensions)

During office hours (9-5pm), calls are bounced between the 4 line group extensions in a continuous circle, until the call is answered. This part works fine.

From 5pm onwards, I will need calls going to a voicemail, to be picked up the following day. With limited voice experience, I have been playing around with different scenarios to get a working configuration. I tried call forwarding extension 51144 at the end of the day to voicemail (as this is the last phone in the hunt group), but it would not go to voicemail.

Systems being used are CUCM 9.1.2.12033-1 and Unity Connection 9.1.2.10000-10. Phones used are Cisco 7925s, 6921 and 7911.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Robbie

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Implement time of day routing in CUCM, something like this:

1. time period - 9-5
  2. time schedule - using the above
  3. partition i.e. "ToD partition" - assign above schedule
  4. assign the hunt pilot DN 51130 to the above partition
  5. build a CTI RP with the same DN in standard partition, and set it to forward all to VM
  6. make sure this new partition is listed above the standard partition in your CSSes

That's all

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply and your points. Whilst continuing to play around, I have managed to create a simpler scenario. 

1. On the hunt pilot number of 51130, I have set the Forward Hunt No Answer and Forward Hunt Busy destination numbers to 51144 on the correct CSS.

2. In Unity, I created a mailbox for 51144, with the hunt pilot (51130) being an alternative extension.

3. I call forwarded 51144 to 8002 (our Unity number for voice mail) via the Cisco 6921, as if it was the end of office hours.

4. Upon testing, the hunting works fine, but when it reaches 51144, I get an engaged tone instead of it going to voice mail.

5. But if I'm in CUCM and I manually type in 8002 within the line settings of extension 51144, under Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings and test again, I am able to reach the mailbox and leave a message after the call has been around the hunt group.

So, it works how I want it to if I manually programme 8002 on CUCM, but not by doing a Call Forward All on the phone itself. How do I get it to work by doing the call forward on the phone? I prefer this scenario as it is simpler for my customer's needs. 

Any light on this quirk is much appreciated. Many thanks.

In your original post you specified time of day, is that no longer a requirement and instead you prefer to set forwarding manually? You can do time of day in Unity via schedules but that is pointless if the call needs to route back and forth to CUCM as it results in more complex call flows hence TOD on CUCM would be preferred.

Looking at your above scenario, what is 51144 defined as? What type of device is it tied to? Is it DN on a phone? if so, make sure you apply proper primary and secondary forward CSS to it.

Hello Chris,

My customer would like to set the forwarding manually at the end of the day. I was going to set up schedules orginally, but thought it was too complex for their requiements.

51144 as an actual DN extension on a Cisco 6921. Am baffled that it won't call forward to voice mail when I do it manually on the 6921. What do you mean by ensuring proper application of primary and secondary forward CSS to it?