Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail issue being forwarded to EXO mailbox

shahelafaroque
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

My client has CUC version 10.5. Users are getting migrated to Exchange Online. We are having an issue that users migrated to Exchange Online no longer receives voicemail. Onprem users are still receiving voicemail.

Is it because CUC is setup to synchronize with onprem server and not Exchange Online?

Is the only way to have voicemail delivered to users mailbox is using the Single Inbox option?

Currently its probably setup as Single Inbox option, can it be configured such a way that the voicemail is not stored in the CUC mailbox but instead just forwarded to Exchange Online using the relay?

Thanks,

Shahela Faroque

6 Replies 6

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

@shahelafaroque wrote:

Is it because CUC is setup to synchronize with onprem server and not Exchange Online?

Shahela Faroque

Probably, your CUC won't be able to deliver a message to a service that it is not setup to use.  You need to create a new Unified  Messaging Service for your Exchange Online. Once that's working then associate your migrated users to that service instead of the existing one.

Hi There,
Thanks for the reply. The current CUC is at version 10.5. I was told that they need to upgrade the version to allow synchronization to Exchange online mailbox and 10.5 version does not support that sync with Exchange Online.
I also see an option at per user level where I can set to "Accept and Relay Message". If I chose that for individual users, will it cause any issues?
Regards,

"Accept and Relay" sends a copy of the voicemail message via email.  You set your outbound SMTP server under "System Settings / SMTP / Smart Host".  That server could probably be your on-premise Exchange, but you may have to specifically configure it to relay from your CUC server's address.

Note it's a "copy" of the voicemail message. Reading or deleting the voicemail in that email message does NOT affect the copy in the users voicemail box on CUC, or vice versa.

(Edited to add the "not" as pointed out by Roger K)

@TONY SMITH wrote:

Note it's a "copy" of the voicemail message. Reading or deleting the voicemail in that email message does affect the copy in the users voicemail box on CUC, or vice versa.

Assuming that you meant to write that is does not affect the copy?

Response Signature

As @TONY SMITH wrote you would need to create another Unified Messaging Service in CUC that is setup to integrate with the O365 Exchange and then assign users to use this service as you migrate them from the on-prem to cloud.

Response Signature

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Oops.  Yes that's what I meant.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: