Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP with Cell Phone

omar.shakier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dears.

this is my first question in this Forums, I hope i make question clear so you can fill me with answers :)

i work in a company and the company have to offices in different countries.

my question is: how we can receive a GSM phone call  from the first country and transport it over VoIP and receive it as VoIP phone call in the second country ?

as that possible ? and what is the required devices ?   

Regards.

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need a GSM Gateway in the first country. They aren't common in the USA where I live so hopefully someone else will chime in with a manufacturer recommendation. Saying which country might be helpful though.

A few other points to consider:

• Ensure sure the laws in both countries allow you to bypass the PSTN and route the call over VoIP. Some don't, usually the ones where the government owns or takes a cut of the telco.
  • You'll need to implement QoS on the network path between the GSM Gateway and the VoIP user.
  • Be mindful to keep the end-to-end (including PSTN portion) round trip delay under 150ms if at all possible. Above this the human ear can discern a delay. I'm saying this in case you're faced with a cost vs. path efficiency decision. For example, I wouldn't put a PSTN gateway on the US East coast if both the PSYN caller and VoIP user are on the US West cost. That would force a cross-continent round trip and adding a PSTN gateway on the West cost would provide a far better call experience.

Thanks dear for your time and support 

another question: what is required from the ISP side ?

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

TRy this mob out,

http://www.topex.ro/en/products/voibridge_-_voip-gsm_gateway

they integrate quite nicely with Call Manager.

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks Dear for the Reply 

is this the best in the market ? and what is the price ?

I dont know what the price is, you would need to reach out to the vendor, all you need at your end is a bunch of sim cards that connect to your local gsm/4g network

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.