Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN for VOIP

Tan Jay Sern
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Recently, my company wants to do VPN from branch office to HQ. The CUCM is located in HQ where my IP Phone is located in branch. Our branch office are currently using ASA 5540 firewall running context. Can anybody guide me on how to perform VPN to HQ for my branch office?

Many Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

The link given by brian  has all the information.  Just to give you a brief set of points about the config as below,

CUCM

1. VPN Profile,
2. VPN Gateway
3. VPN Group
4. VPN Feature configuration
5. upload the asa certificate in CU OS admin

6. Also go to cisco unified reporting>system reports>Unified CM phone feature list>(make sure the phone model you are using listed here), if not you have to update your device pack and try again.

ASA

Step 1. Configure a Self-Issued Certificate

Step 2. Upload and Identify the SSL VPN Client Image

Step 3. Enable Anyconnect Access

Step 4. Create a new Group Policy

Configure Access List Bypass for VPN Connections

Step 6. Create a Connection Profile and Tunnel Group for the AnyConnect Client Connections
Step 7. Configure NAT Exemption for AnyConnect Clients

Step 8. Add Users to the Local Database

Please rate if this helps, by clicking the stars below.

Thanks

Thanks brian and kaja for the reply.

The problem is I need to VPN from branch to HQ.

For your information, my CUCM is located at HQ and my HQ is using only router, no firewall where my branch is using firewall. How should I do VPN to reach my CUCM at HQ? Are there any documents or videos regarding how to configure the router and IP Phone? As far as I know, I only need to configure on my HQ site.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Many Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: