cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VXi Headsets

Efrain Berrocal
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a V100 headset from VXi Corp with my Cisco phone.  When wearing the headset I need to press Answer on the phone to answer a call.  VXi sells a lifter that would allow me to answer a call by pressing the button on my headset instead of the phone.  That would allow me to answer calls away from my desk.  This would be great for staff in our call center.  However, I heard there's a way to configure the Cisco phone to allow answering a call by pressing the button on the headset WITHOUT a lifter.  Anyone know how?  Many thanks.

2 Replies 2

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Under the Callmanger configuration page, go to Device > Phone > Select the phone > DN configuration > Auto Answer.

Default value is "Auto Answer Off", you can try to change it to "Auto Answer with Headset".

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Efrain,

The feature is called HHC (Headset Hookswitch Control) with Cordless Headsets  (Plantronics and Jabra) where the user will be able to answer calls from  the Headset itself without the use of a Handset Lifter. We use quite a few of these setups and they are really awesome and far cleaner.

I just did a search for an applicable part for the VXi and don't see any support

For Plantronics;

With the use  of an Adaptor Part # APC-4 (called the HHC Adaptor) which plugs into  the Aux Port on the base of the phone allows calls to be answered and  disconnected via the Headset without the use of the Lifter

HHC adapter  (APC-4) Product Information

http://plantronics.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/plantronics.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9880&p_created=1207353166

For  GN Netcom/Jabra (see attached)

Cheers!

Rob

Attachments: