Views
Helpful
Replies

want to remove punlisher and make subscriber as a Publisher

hemant.verma
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone..

In my network I'm having 1 Publisher and 3 Subscribers. Now I want to remove Publisher Permanently and form all three Subscribers I want to activate 1 Subscriber as a Publisher in running Network.

Is this possible??

How can I do this??

Plz suggest..

3 Replies 3

RAJA RAHMAN
Level 1
Level 1

You can promote a subscriber, by installing the CallManager software again on the subscriber and choosing the option "I am upgrading/installing the CallManager Publisher "  Your database will remain intact and the server will be upgraded to a publisher

......Before that have a backup....

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The option of  Publisher Resiliency is not on the roadmap and is not supported i.e. promoting a subscriber as a publisher.

take a backup

Reinstall the publisher

Restore

Populate the values of subscribers in system--> server

reinitialize replication

here is the checklist

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_0_1/cluster/clstr801.html#wp87717

Hope this helps

Niket

Kindly rate useful posts!!

As Niket noted above, there is no current method for "promoting" a Subscriber to a Publisher...at least not in the sense that you may be hoping for.  Can you give us some background on what you are trying to accomplish by attempting to remove the Publisher and consolidate the cluster to 3 nodes?  There are quite possibly a number of other considerations here depending on how services are running across the different nodes in the cluster.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: