Views
Helpful
Replies

web access to ip phones is not working although it is enabled on CUCM

mohaddad
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

i enable web access for ip phone ,but still not able to access the phones through web.

Regardsm

Moath

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is more like  a network problem. Where are you trying to acess the phone from? Can you ping the ip address of the phone from the pc? Is there a firewall ?

Please rate all useful posts

there is no network problem,i can ping phone ip address from the pc ,there is no firewall between pc and cucm and phone,is there any service that should be enabled ?

How have you enabled the web access? Have you enabled it directly on the phone?

Please rate all useful posts

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What call manager version are you using?  If you're on 8.x there is security by default and if you're on an older version it's possible you have security enabled (CTL files) which would be causing your phone not to trust it's TFTP configuration file, which is where the web access setting is passed to the phone.  If you look at Settings > Status Messages on the phone do you see anything such as trust list update failed?  If you see that it's likely an ITL file issue.  If you go into Settings > Security, and delete the ITL from the phone it will download a new one automatically from your TFTP server.  Once the ITL is correct the phone should trust the TFTP configuration file and update the web access setting on the phone.

Hi Joe,

actullay the ip phones configured in a non secure mode ,so there is no CTL file ,and i'm using cucm 7.02 so there is no default authentication

Regards,

Moath

also ,i used wire shark and i noticed that i'm getting

HTTP/1.1 501 Not Implemented

from IP phone when i try to access it through web.

Hi

Works for me.

Thanks very much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: