cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web interface for Cisco 6961

Voip
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased an old model of Cisco unified ip phone. Model CP - 6961. I powered it on using POE and i can also see the phone with the same ip range on my network scanner. Query is, like any other regular VoIP phone, should the Cisco 6961 phone be accessible on the web interface as soon as the ethernet cable is connected or is there a different process to access the phone on the web??

2 Replies 2

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Voip 

By default, the 6961 phone's web interface is disabled, and you cannot access it unless you enable it manually. You can access the phone's web interface by entering its IP address in a web browser. However, before you can access the web interface, you need to enable the web access feature on the phone using the phone's configuration menu.

To enable web access on the Cisco 6961 phone:
Press the Settings button on the phone,
Scroll down to the "Network Configuration" option and press Select.
Scroll down to the "Web Access" option and press Select.
Select Enabled and press Save.
Once you have enabled web access on the phone, you can access its web interface by opening a web browser and entering the phone's IP address in the address bar. The default username and password for the phone's web interface are both "cisco".
Web interface on the Cisco 6961 phone is limited and provides basic information and settings related to the phone's configuration.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

There are not much things which you can do with the Phone web page like other third party phones unless its a MPP versions, if you are planning to use cisco phone with a third party  SIP provide get a MPP phone else search on community how to use Cisco phones with hirdparty provide and you will find a large number of discussion.

69XX support both SCCP and SIP, if you are planning to use this phone with a sip provider and if the phone came with SCCP load. You need to first convert to SIP.

Response Signature