cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Weird caller id

Robert Craig
Level 3
Level 3

I am messing around in a lab with two differen CUCM's. Site A and Site B both have different area codes to lab two different states essentially. Calling between the two works great over a sip trunk. I setup a simple 10 digit route pattern between the two (wild card) and they can call each other. The DN's are 7 digits, but I have their external phone number mask set as 520XXXXXXX or 760XXXXXXX. I have a translation pattern on each side that strips the area code off of the incoming calls (760.XXXXXXX and 520.XXXXXXX). The problem is, when either site calls each other, the displayed caller id is missing the area code. Example:

Site A --->>> Site B

While the phone is ringing on B, the Called Number on A only shows 7 digits instead of 10. Site B phone (still ringing) shows an incoming call from A with the full 10 digits. I can repeat this process in the opposite direction with the same results. What I can't get my head wrapped around is why the Calling phone won't display the full 10 digits that I just dialed. Anyone have any suggestions? 

16 Replies 16

Yeah, thats exactly how I do it at home. My SIP trunk terminates on a 2811 and I do an H323 from that to my CUCM. However, I do translations at the CUBE for the house. Since I only have one DID (other one is for fax), I just translate everything to the full 10 digit house number on the outgoing dial-peer. I have a 2811 here in the lab that I can play with. I even tried building another CUCM to put in the middle of the two to act as the ITSP, but no results. My next goal was to turn on CUCME and attach a phone as Site C, so that will give me the chance to use it as an ITSP as well. I appreciate your help with this mess.

No problem, it's an interesting piece of problem that you have.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature