Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the best practice blocking specific unwanted numbers CUCM 14

Joshua
Level 1
Level 1

Hello out there,

I am not new based on what you see from this account. I have experience managing Cisco Call Manager starting with version 5 and Avaya as well. Just happen to be on this account it shows new user, not new.

Anyway here is my question and thank you so much in advance-

What is the current best practice recommendation from Cisco regarding how to block specific numbers for unwanted calls with Cisco CUCM version 14?

I saw this online as an option but I don't think this is the best practice way because it seems a bit complex for just blocking specific unwanted numbers so if you continue to receive calls from 555-555-5555 what is the best way to block that inbound unwanted call with minimal configuration and minimal change to the overall way that calls are processed?

I saw this as a proposed solution online and I do not believe this is the best practice methodology for Cisco CUCM 14:

To me in my style of thought this is too much of a change to the way inbound calls are processed by having to enable the feature

Route calls based on calling party number --- To me this seems like too much administrative overhead.

Gateway_CSS -- Gateway_PRT Filter_CSS --Filter
Translation Pattern-Block Pattern 91#########

Translation Pattern-Block Pattern
91##########
Filtered_PRT
CSS-None
Block

Translation Pattern- Filter Pattern
!
Gateway_PRT
Filter_CSS
Route Next Hop by Calling Party Number

Translation Pattern- Allowed Pattern
Filtered_PRT
Internal_CSS

Thank you!

Joshua

2 Replies 2

See this KB for the recommended way to do this in CM. Blocking Calls Based on Calling Party ID 

It is for sure complex, but never the less it is the way this is done.

Response Signature

The article that @Roger Kallberg noted is the difinitive answer on inbound call-blocking in CUCM.

Note, too, that you can perform inbound callerID-based blocking using an inbound translation-profile on your CUBE. While that is limited to 100 entries, I understand it is possible to have inbound CUBE calls reference a policy script that can be longer.

Maren