cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What's the difference between Polycom IP7000 and CP-7937?

Chen Wang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As I know, the CP-7937 is the OEM phone of Polycom IP7000.

Although the Industrial Design is basically the same, the core skill and perfermance is quite different.

Would anyone tell me what the difference between Polycom IP7000 and CP-7937 conference phone ?

Thanks !

Wang Chen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am not sure I understand.  they should both perform the same.  Do you mean you are interested in what specific features are supported in each?  In general, SCCP will have best support for all advertised features.  SIP will have most, but tends to be deficient in some areas.  For a basic conference phone that sits in a room and just needs to make and take calls it probably doesn't matter.  If you have more advanced needs or specific features you are interested in then please ask.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

IP7000 = SIP

7937 = SCCP (Skinny)

Thanks Brandon, I know they are using different protocol and communicate with CUCM.

Would you advise me more, I mean the difference on performance?

Thanks !

Wang Chen

I am not sure I understand.  they should both perform the same.  Do you mean you are interested in what specific features are supported in each?  In general, SCCP will have best support for all advertised features.  SIP will have most, but tends to be deficient in some areas.  For a basic conference phone that sits in a room and just needs to make and take calls it probably doesn't matter.  If you have more advanced needs or specific features you are interested in then please ask.

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

There is a difference:

Polycom firmware allows to daisy chain two IP7000 phones (to work like one) and Cisco SCCP does not.

- Alex

Thanks Alex.

That's what I am intersted in. Would you advise what  kind of interface/port is goint to be used when connecting to another  IP7K. Appreciate if you can provide any doc.

Wang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: