cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When call gets connect , the numbers are no longer displayed as you type them

Ronit Malhotra
Level 1
Level 1

When you dial a number from a Cisco phone, the numbers that you dial are displayed on the phone display.  When call gets connect , the numbers are no longer displayed as you type them. let me know if phone be customized so that it will display the number on the phone display after the connection, the same way a cell phone would, or most any home phone does.  I'm not sure this is possible with the Cisco phone, but it's worth asking for.

Call Manager version 8.6

6 Replies 6

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

You could change the Service Parameter Always Display Original Dialed Number   from False to True or you could use Transformation Patterns to adjust the Called number on the phone screen.

It is not related to caling and called number, once call is connected /When call gets connect , the numbers are no longer displayed as you type them. Like it happen in cell phone/mobile

Hi Dheeraj,

When the call gets mature and you dial any number, it's DTMF transmitting along with media and doesn't display on the screen. AFAIK I haven't seen any  office deskphone which displays DTMF on screen during mature call.

Why cell phones display it could be b/c of many phones allows it then dial that entered digits as a second outgoing call (once dial key is pressed). Doing so, first call automatically goes on hold. In deskphones, it's not a case. Although it would be nice to see DTMF on screen to cross verify the dialed digit was correct.

Thanks
Vivek 

On Cisco its not possible?

Unfortunately, I haven't seen this capability yet on Cisco devices.  I have had a lot of requests to see dtmf digits as they are entered after the call has been established, but no luck. 

Samuel T Mathai
Level 1
Level 1

Check the service parameter option "Always Display Original Dialed Number".. it need to be True.