cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is 9?

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

I have software assuance with all of my Unified Communications products.  I'd like to start testing 9 in a lab.  I still havent seen anything other than the refresh cop files available for download.  Is there a way to request them from Tac, or do they have a special site they can be downloaded at?           

4 Replies 4

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

Given that you have a support contract, that does cover the product, you can order it via the Product Upgrade Tool (and even use Electronic Delivery if needed).

Kind regards,

Craig

If I do that, will it invalidate my Call Manager 8.6 licenses?  I'd love to get my hands it to start testing, but I cant risk my production enviornment losing its live licenses.

Hi John,

I don't know about the license side of things... but the installation software can certainly be provided via PUT.

Kind regards,

Craig

Correct. You need upgrade licenses to run 9.0. An 8.6 license on it's own won't work.

If you download and install 9.0 as a new system you get a 60 day eval license; this is not the same as in older systems when you got a time unlimited demo license.

You'll need active ESW/UCSS on your CUCM installation to be able to order the software through PUT.

HTH.

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions