cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will an analog phones network can use ISDN of different network having Call Manager deployed

sameeralibaig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 3 locations and have multisite deployment with Centralized Call processing ( HQ, Site A and Site B ). ISDN PRI E1 is connected to the gateway at HQ, and Site A.

Now there is one more new location Site C having only analog phones connected to PABX system. The service provider cannot provide ISDN facility to this site ( ie.Site C) but we can pull the fibre optic cable.

My question is, can we use this analog phone system to use the ISDN PRI of HQ?

Kindly do reply...

Best Regards,

Sameer

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Yes you can, if you plug your analog phone with a ata187, and you declare it on your callmanager

it will work.

Regards

Philippe~~

Thanks Phillipe,

ATA 187 has 2 voice port. Here im talking about more than 10 analog phones  connected to PABX.

I feel Steven solution is appropriate..

I will appriciate If you have any more suggestions on this design..

Regards

Sameer

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you can run fiber to the site, you can use one of the other sites for PSTN access.  Then you leverage the data network across the fiber for the C site to access A or B's PSTN circuits.  You use VoIP to leverage this, and you'll have a VoIP gateway at site C to convert the circuits from the PBX to VoIP.

PSTN----Site A-----(h323/sip)-----SiteCGateway----PBX

Then integrate the PBX to the Site C gateway with whatever the PBX will support.  If you can use a PRI from the local gateway to the PBX, that's what I'd do.

Thanks Steven,

Your design is what i was thinking about, but i want to have few more options before i propose to my team.

Regards,

Sameer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: