cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

with exchange (unified mailbox) deleting an email with a voicemail attached deletes automatically the voicemail in the CUC?

dineshshoba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco,

With exchange (unified mailbox) deleting an email with a voicemail attached deletes automatically the voicemail in the CUC? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

By default, when a user deletes a voice message in Unity Connection, the message is sent to the Unity Connection deleted items folder and synchronized with the Outlook Deleted Items folder. When the message is deleted from the Unity Connection deleted items folder (the user can do this manually, or you can configure message aging to do it automatically), it is also deleted from the Outlook Deleted Items folder.

If you are adding the single-inbox feature to an existing system, and if you have configured Unity Connection to permanently delete messages without saving them in the deleted items folder, messages that users delete using the Web Inbox or using the Unity Connection phone interface are still permanently deleted. However, messages that users delete using Outlook are only moved to the deleted items folder in Unity Connection, not permanently deleted. This is true regardless of which Outlook folder the message is in when the user deletes it. (Even when a user deletes a voice message from the Outlook Deleted Items folder, the message is only moved to the deleted items folder in Unity Connection.)

For further reference check the Mailbox-Size Quotas and Message Aging

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/design/guide/10xcucdgx/10xcucdg032.pdf

Hope this helps !!!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

By default, when a user deletes a voice message in Unity Connection, the message is sent to the Unity Connection deleted items folder and synchronized with the Outlook Deleted Items folder. When the message is deleted from the Unity Connection deleted items folder (the user can do this manually, or you can configure message aging to do it automatically), it is also deleted from the Outlook Deleted Items folder.

If you are adding the single-inbox feature to an existing system, and if you have configured Unity Connection to permanently delete messages without saving them in the deleted items folder, messages that users delete using the Web Inbox or using the Unity Connection phone interface are still permanently deleted. However, messages that users delete using Outlook are only moved to the deleted items folder in Unity Connection, not permanently deleted. This is true regardless of which Outlook folder the message is in when the user deletes it. (Even when a user deletes a voice message from the Outlook Deleted Items folder, the message is only moved to the deleted items folder in Unity Connection.)

For further reference check the Mailbox-Size Quotas and Message Aging

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/design/guide/10xcucdgx/10xcucdg032.pdf

Hope this helps !!!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi Rath,

Thanks. That's a detailed explanation. Can you make it little more simpler for me pls.

If i delete a message in my mail, will that be deleted in my phone too or the VM will be still live in my phone and will I able to retrieve it.

I like this explanation, but can I ask one question for clarification?  What I am seeing is if a user receives the unified message in an email with voicemail attachment, listens to it, and then deletes it via Outlook.  It is sent to the deleted items folder, but will sit there forever until they delete their deleted items folder.  Thus these messages retain on the unity server and starts to fill up their voicemail box.

What I am reading, is this is accurate behavior..  However there isn't a way to sync, if in outlook a message is sent to deleted folder, then in unity it is also sent to deleted folder and after 30 days is permanently deleted in both locations.

In the end we just have to train our users to regularly empty their deleted emails folder correct?

Thanks,