cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XML for speed dials

freeness
Level 1
Level 1

I have 50 CP-8851-3PCC phones with BEKEMs.  They are all running on Nextiva's cloud service.  They don't have auto provisioning for these phones, so I am doing it all manually.  I am trying to figure out how to duplicate all the buttons so that they are the same on all the phones, except button 1, which is intercom.  All the other buttons are just speed dials.  For example, I can enter fnc=sd;ext=2015551212@$PROXY;vid=n;nme=Bill into the line key section of the GUI and that works perfectly.  I'm trying not to cut and paste 27 lines for all the buttons times 50 phones.

Is there a way to create a txt or XLM file that would live on my FTP server and point the phones to do this?  

Thanks, I'm not usually a Cisco tech, so this is complicated for me.

3 Replies 3

rasengot@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Based on what you have mentioned above, I believe you have admin access to the device.
You can download (http://<ipaddr>/admin/cfg.xml) and upload by giving the URL to cfg.xml 

Update Cfg.xml as follows:
To update speed dial on KEMs. You will see XML token as below, and update them with your speed dial as shown in the example Unit_1_Key_1, where this item will show up in KEM 1 on line 1 of KEM.
<!-- Unit 1 -->
<Unit_1_Key_1_ ua="na"> fnc=sd;ext=2015551212@$PROXY;vid=n;nme=Bill </Unit_1_Key_1_>
<Unit_1_Key_2_ ua="na"/>
<Unit_1_Key_3_ ua="na"/>

Once you have updated cfg.xml, you can upload cfg.xml by giving the rule in Profile_Rule_B, C or D, which ever is empty. This if you want, you upload from device web browser as well.
<Profile_Rule_B ua="na">URL to cfg.xml</Profile_Rule_B>
<Profile_Rule_C ua="na"/>
<Profile_Rule_D ua="na"/>

Hope it helps!!!

BalajiSivaraj49175
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can configure speed dial buttons on a Cisco 8851 phone by logging into the Cisco IP phone web configuration utility:
1.Click Admin Login in the upper right-hand corner
2.Toggle over to Advanced View
3.Navigate to the Phone section under the Voice tab in the menu
4.Scroll down to the Line Key where you will configure your speed dial options
5.Select Disabled from the Extension drop-down menu
6.Configure the syntax in the Extended Function text box
7.Set the index value and give it a name to your extension
You can also set up speed dial in the Self Care portal. If you want to use other buttons for speed dials, you can have an authorized user fill out a Change Request. The 8851 reserves the five right speed dial buttons for other features.

morinha
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to hire someone that could create a few XML files for me. All my phones are just intercom and then 9 speed dials. Some have BEKEMs with another 18 speed dials. All have wall paper. There aren't a lot of settings I need to change, but it would be awesome to create an XML file rather than copying and pasting which is how I'm planning to do it now. If this something you would be interested in doing, PM me please.