cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to know the given ipv4 has ipv6 or not?

Timothysaunders
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ipv4 address and i want to know it has ipv6 or not. My problem is i have a sub net mask (10.210.59.160/28) and i am scanning this in nmap module then i will get two lists if it has ipv6 as well one is ipv4 list and another one is ipv6 list. I have to write it on a excel in two different columns IPV4 & IPV6 but the thing is if ipv4 has ipv6 in same asset i have to write it in same row. But some ips doesn't have ipv6 adders. xHOw to know the ipv4 has ipv6 or not is my question. I need to identify through python coding. Need help.  H‑E‑B Partner Services

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>How to know the given ipv4 has ipv6 or not
  - Both protocols are 'not connected' and or the question is invalid ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Bryson F
Level 1
Level 1

I'm a little confused here. like what @marce1000  said they are two different protocols. are the devices your looking at dual NIC maybe? if you are trying to find if an IPv4 address has an IPv6 address then i would recommend you stop before you rip your hair out there is no correlation ever. At least some one has not invented one yet that i know of. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

post same scan and script how you doing to undertand correctly.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help