Views
Helpful
Replies

Mediasense Opt-in or out being recorded

fmadeira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I would like to implement a feature on a UCCE/CVP/Mediasense (version 10 or 10.5) that I imagine a standard one in a lot of countries.

I'm planning to use Phone-Side Recording (BIB), although I may consider changing that to Trunk Side Recording.

I need the callers entering in CVP/IVR to be asked if they would mind being recorded for quality monitoring purposes... the caller must have the option to opt-out being recorded by pressing one.

What I need is to interface with Mediasense from within the CVP Script to tag a call not to be recorded when it gets to the Agent.

Can anyone assist with crazy ideas?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Let me clarify these APIs.

pauseRecording and resumeRecording can only operate on an existing, already in-progress recording, but they work with both CUBE dial peer recording and with CUCM-based recording methods. However, you have to rely on those methods first to initiate the recording before your application can take action.

startRecording and stopRecording do indeed initiate recordings and stop them, but they cannot initiate forking. startRecording works by MediaSense dialing a phone, and when somebody answers the phone, MediaSense just records what he says. It's not recording of a 2-way conversation.

People have implemented your use case as follows:

1) Configure phones (or dial peers) to fork and record all calls

2) Create an application which receives Session events from MediaSense, so it knows the MediaSense sessionId of any call that is being recorded

3) If user asks that a call not be recorded, the application would send a pauseRecording request to MediaSense specifying the above sessionId.

4) Once the call is terminated, the application would send a deleteSession request to MediaSense to delete the fragment.

It could be challenging to do this in CVP though, since a CVP application is not likely to be running once the call has reached an agent's phone. You would need a separate application (a standard webapp).

- Jeff W.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

The mediasense API does not allow for on-demand recording. That is a feature of Callmanager.

Really?

I figured I could interface with Mediasense to Start/Stop Recording as I was reading the API Developer guide I found the following controls (description in the Page 76 of the developer guide v9):

pauseRecording

resumeRecording

startRecording

stopRecording

Let me clarify these APIs.

pauseRecording and resumeRecording can only operate on an existing, already in-progress recording, but they work with both CUBE dial peer recording and with CUCM-based recording methods. However, you have to rely on those methods first to initiate the recording before your application can take action.

startRecording and stopRecording do indeed initiate recordings and stop them, but they cannot initiate forking. startRecording works by MediaSense dialing a phone, and when somebody answers the phone, MediaSense just records what he says. It's not recording of a 2-way conversation.

People have implemented your use case as follows:

1) Configure phones (or dial peers) to fork and record all calls

2) Create an application which receives Session events from MediaSense, so it knows the MediaSense sessionId of any call that is being recorded

3) If user asks that a call not be recorded, the application would send a pauseRecording request to MediaSense specifying the above sessionId.

4) Once the call is terminated, the application would send a deleteSession request to MediaSense to delete the fragment.

It could be challenging to do this in CVP though, since a CVP application is not likely to be running once the call has reached an agent's phone. You would need a separate application (a standard webapp).

- Jeff W.

Thanks Jeff,

Thank you very much for the clear answer, completely understood the Start/Stop Recording commands and especially liked the idea you just brought to me.

This would obviously have to be an application external to CVP. CVP would interface with this app to say Opt-in or Opt-out for a given call (not being recorded at that time) and in the end of the call the App (receiving all the session from mediasense) would interface Mediasense for recording deletion.

Fernando

Austin Messer
Level 1
Level 1

Jeff,

do you know if it is possible to have CVP re-route to another dial-peer or CUBE that is not configured for Media-Forking based upon the selection given at the IVR prompt?

User selects 1 "to be recorded" at IVR normal call process proceeds and Media-Forking  continues based on a matching CUBE Dial-peer configuration.

User selects 2 "Not to be recorded" CVP re-routes back through another CUBE or dial-peer which does not have the Media-Forking option configured, therefore no recording takes place.  Or it stops after the re-route.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: