Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DL/UP Speed Issue

Greetings

i have provided an internet service to certain customer , we provide him with 500Mbps speed , the logic said that the upload should be 500Mbps and download 500Mbps (Full duplex channel) but the problem here is 500Mbps splitted between the up and down which means they had about 367Mbps download , 165Mbps upload , they are not getting 500Mbps up/down.

All other customers are okay and all our sites are ok except that one he had the issue in two separate sites same thing speed splitted.

For the configuration part all seems good.

interface Gi.jpg

InkedSpeed Issue_LI.jpg

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@mohamedgiumazwali wrote:

interface Gi.jpg

txload 255/255

That cannot be that "good".

i saw it and you are right but all other customers even our PE links the txload 255/255 , i checked another customer right now the txload 255/255 but the speed is okay he had 1G up/down.

i see many output drops, did you asked ISP, is the 500MB  "symmetrical bandwidth"

what is this device connected to ISP ?

I have ever seen any ISP committed End to End 500MB , may be ISP can commit a certain level, not sure where you downloading from and uploading from ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The company that I work for is main ISP providing internet to low ISPs. 

For the 500M the customer made speed test using his mikrotik router which shows  speed asymmetric he is the only one that has this issue in just a certain site not all sites 

For other customers that we provide them with internet service all has symmetrical like up and down at the same rate 

From our side everything checked we just apply Police Qos to make limitation for bandwidth  to customers that is it.

For the 500M the customer made speed test using his mikrotik router which shows  speed asymmetric he is the only one that has this issue in just a certain site not all sites 

This is a customer testing point of view, have you done your own iperf tests ? as i have asked what is the device connected you and the customer ?

this could be an end device issue?

Maybe cable?

since we have limited information to guide you best?

Maybe you are in the cisco community - so is this cisco device ? 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

My device connected to customer is cisco router 7600 I have made my tests same issue still nothing changed bandwidth splitted between up and down.

I also made direct connection from the PE 7600 router to my laptop and gave my self a 400 Mbps speed same thing upload is 190 download is 250 , no output drops but txload always 255/255 in all router interfaces.