Helpful
Replies

Does cisco 2911 router onboard 10/100/1000 ports support etherchannel

skrao_mandalapu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have requirement like below

--------------Ethernet Point-to-Point Leased Line1------------------

--------Trunk-------- 2911 Router                                                                                          2911 Router-------Trunk-------------

--------------Ethernet Point-to-Point Leased Line2-------------------

I am planning to use existing onboard 3 10/100/1000 ports in 2911 router for one trunk and etherchannel configuration. Trunk connects to local lan and etherchannel conncts to remote branch. My doubt is can I configure 2911 onboard ports as trunk and implement etherchannel? As of now there will be no routing configuration in 2911.

Regards

Siva K

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Siva,

>> As of now there will be no routing configuration in 2911.

use a LAN switch for this or an etherswitch module installed in the C2911 routers

routed ports can be used only as routed ports or for bridiging (IRB) you cannot configure them as L2 trunks, you may use them as a L3 port-channel but not as a L2 trunk port-channel.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Siva,

>> As of now there will be no routing configuration in 2911.

use a LAN switch for this or an etherswitch module installed in the C2911 routers

routed ports can be used only as routed ports or for bridiging (IRB) you cannot configure them as L2 trunks, you may use them as a L3 port-channel but not as a L2 trunk port-channel.

Hope to help

Giuseppe