Views
Helpful
Replies

CCIP MPLS....

nisha_kulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There....

Sorry for mailing this query on this section but my query has not been answered in the Certifications section, that's why I have posted on this section....

SOME ONE PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION....

The MPLS examination is known as 642-611...But on the Cisco site it is mentioned as 643-611(Please see the attachment over here and the encircled field)....Please let me know whether Cisco has started with BETA of 643-611. So far I know, it's hardly few months when Cisco upgraded 640-910 to 642-611....Do please reply as I have been unable to get any response from the Certifications section....

Regards,

NISHA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As far as I know, 643-611 was a beta exam that was offered for a limited time. It has since been retired.

642-611 is really the one you are looking for.

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi ther

i dont think its 643-611 which is ofcourse might b an typo error ,coz 2/3 weeks bck only we did pass out the same and hvnt heard anything about a new beta version being released during tht time too...

regds

Hi Prem...

I know it can be a typo mistake, but still I need someone from Cisco (like Mr.Harold Ritter) to confirm this please.....B'coz I'm really thinking of writing this exam very soon...

Prem-->Could u plz suggest me something worth reading apart from Pepelnjak's MPLS and VPN Architectures, and Vivek Alwayn's Advanced MPLS Design and Implementation...

Regards,

NISHA

hi

As far as 642-611 is concerned u can easily crack it with Ivan Pepelnjak, Jim Guichard book from ciscopress and again if u want to go into details about mpls qos,TE better watch out for this link which has the details of the books & authors from which u can select one which can be a best bet for u.

http://www.ciscopress.com/title/1587051869#

regds

Hi Prem..

Thanks for the needful...

Regards,

NISHA

As far as I know, 643-611 was a beta exam that was offered for a limited time. It has since been retired.

642-611 is really the one you are looking for.

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hi Mr.Harold..

Thanks for the info...This is what I was exactly looking for....

Regards,

NISHA