Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASR 9010 OC48 4-Port SPA POS Interface Counters not incrementing

Carl Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

Really need some assistance I have a Cisco ASR 9010 which I've recently installed. Its reasons Cisco XR 4.3.2 which I believe is the standard XR image. I have a SIP 700 installed along with an STM-16 SPA (4-Port) OC48 SPA. 

I have brought up a circuit between the Cisco ASR 9010 and a Cisco 12K XR. However for some reason I do not get incremental packet counts under the interface even though I've configured the controller correctly. 

The interface counters do not increment indicating that there could be a problem with the SPA. 

I'm sure what what is happening here. 

Can someone tell me what the issue may be and what I need to do fix it.

Need help with this ASAP. 

regards

Carl 

3 Replies 3

elesani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carl,

Can you response to below?

Do you have traffic over the link (are you able to ping the other side of the link) and only counters are not increasing?

Are those counters show zero or they are working from time to time?

Is it happening for output or input or both counters?

Is it happening for a single interface or all the Line Card?

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hi Eshan

Yes there is traffic over the link and the pings are successful. BFD also bounces for some reason

There are no input and output
counter increments. It's happening for the interface in question.

From what I read the SPA supports 4 single height SPA's we have 2 SPA's in the SIP.

Kind regards 

Carl Williams

Hi Carl,

It is very likely that you might hit by a know DDTS. I'm recommending you to upgrade to a higher version code 5.1.3 with SP5 if you can.

If you need more details on the issue you experiencing, you might need to open up a TAC case.

Thanks,

Ehsan