Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Message in IOS-XR

kokulsharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have anyone come across the following error message in CRS?

"plaspa_server[123]: %L2-PLIM_ASIC-4-HW_WARNING : plaspa instance 0: (plaspa port 1 jacket slot 3) RSI Spi Error was reported"

I couldn't get this message interpreted from Error message decoder

Appreciate if anyone can explain this..

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Powers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On a SIP-800 in a CRS-1 there are two PLASPA ASICs. PLASPA ASIC Instance 0 handles/connects to the SPAs in subslots 0,1, and 3. PLASPA ASIC Instance 1 handes/connects to the SPAs in subslots 2, 4, and 5.

There is an SPI 4.2 interface between the PLASPA ASIC and each SPA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPI-4.2

The error means that the PLASPA instance 0 detected an SPI 4.2 Packet Error on the link from the SPA in subslot 3.  The effect of the error is a packet was lost. If a threshold of these errors is exceeded (2 per minute) the SPI interface between the PLASPA ASIC and the SPA will be resynced to try and recover.

You can see the number of errors with the command...

show controller plim asic plasspa error loc <>

If this is seen once and doesn't return then I would not be alarmed and would take no action.

If you see these errors counting up frequently I would start by OIRing the SPA in subslot 3. If that doesn't fix it replace that SPA.

Finally, if that doesn't fix it replace the SIP-800.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This message is related to HW so should be investigated by the TAC to check if the PLIM needs to be changed or not.

HTH

Laurent.

Kokulbhai,

Your error message is not listed anywhere in below doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios_xr_sw/iosxr_r3.8.1/error/messages/em381.html

Better idea is to open a case.

My experience: Most of the time for hardware issue cisco ask to reset the card or reseat the card for any first occurance of such fault. For further

occurance they will replace the card.

Try this if service is not interrupted.

Regards

Mahesh

David Powers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On a SIP-800 in a CRS-1 there are two PLASPA ASICs. PLASPA ASIC Instance 0 handles/connects to the SPAs in subslots 0,1, and 3. PLASPA ASIC Instance 1 handes/connects to the SPAs in subslots 2, 4, and 5.

There is an SPI 4.2 interface between the PLASPA ASIC and each SPA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPI-4.2

The error means that the PLASPA instance 0 detected an SPI 4.2 Packet Error on the link from the SPA in subslot 3.  The effect of the error is a packet was lost. If a threshold of these errors is exceeded (2 per minute) the SPI interface between the PLASPA ASIC and the SPA will be resynced to try and recover.

You can see the number of errors with the command...

show controller plim asic plasspa error loc <>

If this is seen once and doesn't return then I would not be alarmed and would take no action.

If you see these errors counting up frequently I would start by OIRing the SPA in subslot 3. If that doesn't fix it replace that SPA.

Finally, if that doesn't fix it replace the SIP-800.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: