Views
Helpful
Replies

Help on VPLS integration @ CE end

sateeshk10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have attched diagram for easy understand.

Service provider VPLS means think that point to point link full mesh between my locations.

option 1:

My communication should happen through HEADOFFICE only.

In future i may required comunication directly between Branchoffice also.

planning to run the EIGRP. pls provide the config for the same at all locations

Regards

sateesh

24 Replies 24

Hi,

Is there any chance of looping as B0 will send routing to another BO again from another BO may send route..like that any looping chances are there..

what ever you have provided config is fine ryt as I am going to get the VPLS links soon..I need to prepare config for all the branches..

pl.let me know if you have any fine tuning EIGRP commands for this setup..

Thanks

sateesh

Sateesh,

No chance of looping. These routers are on the same logical subnet, so the direct path is always the shortest.

I don't think any fine tuning is required. The config I provided should just work.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hi,

Thanks for all your info., I really appreciate your answers..

All the WAN inter face is in single subnet ryt

All inside LAN will diffrent at each location 192.168.2.20,3.0,4.0.

My question is same routes will avail at all the locations. Other BO`s alos will send the route again..it may cause looping?

One more thing which i did n`t get ans:

As i told you that idont have enough BW at BO. So, i anybody wants to communite to HQ they may come via another BO where i dont have enought BW. Due to this i am asking i want my all B0 should contact directly to HQ...

Regard

sateesh

Sateesh,

> My question is same routes will avail at all the locations. Other BO`s alos will send the route again..it may cause looping?

As I told you, Eigrp will prevent that from happening. This is called split-horizon and prevents a router from advertising a route

through an interface that the router itself is using to reach the

destination.

> As i told you that idont have enough BW at BO. So, i anybody wants to communite to HQ they may come via another BO where i dont have enought BW. Due to this i am asking i want my all B0 should contact directly to HQ...

This will simply not happen because of split-horizon. Traffic will go from BO to BO or from HQ to BO as needed.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hi,

In cont.,

I am going install 5505 FW at Each BO and I am going get two connections from Service provider(VPLS) one z for inter office communication and other one z Internet. Both the links are terminating on ASA 5505.

So i ineed to configure EIGRP for interoffice communication?

default route for internet is ryt?

WILL THIS WORK.

Regards

sateesh

Hi,

Still i am awaiting for update.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

sateesh

Sateesh,

This should work indeed.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Ok, For your purpose, u dont have to configure VPLS at one of ur premises.

The provider has to to control ur routing adjacency through VPLS. This could be accomplished by the following:

1- The PE facing the Headquarter has to be configured to establish Eigrp adjacency with all branches as follows:

L2 VFI (Name)

xconnect neighbor (1) router-id encapsulation mpls.

All interfaces facing the Branch offices side has to be configured with a single (xconnect neighbor router-id enc mpls) towards the Head quatrter.

The router-id represent the ID of the neigboring router which is normally the peering address.

Hope this helps,

Mohamed

Mohamed,

This would not help in the case you wanted to configure a hub and spoke for security purposes, as traffic would not be forced through the HQ CE but would rather be forwarded from one spoke to the other by the PE connected to the HQ site.

BTW, for the suggestion you made to work, the SP would also need to turn split horizon off at the PE connected to the HQ site.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Harold,

My point is how he can control traffic From the Spokes to the HQ Only and from the HQ to all Spokes in his case if the Service provider providing VPLS Service.

Offcourse you know better than me with regard to a Security issues and the best recommended approach.

HTH

Mohamed