Views
Helpful
Replies

How to design a small ISP

fearless.rabbit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm about to consult an investor regarding small ISP project he has in mind. Since I have experience with campus switched networks only, I'm afraid what I might be missing in planning and designing a proper system. I'm unsure about what devices I should recommend, what number of them, etc. Here's more details for anyone feeling especially helpful today :)

All equipment will be in one datacenter. All devices need to be fiber-optical, no copper. There are two upstream BGP peers. Downstream clients are businesses only, 20-40 of them, some also ISPs. 

What I should be aware of? What products to look at when choosing the best option? Does network core still exist in environments such as this? How is billing and bandwidth control managed? 

Kindly point me in right direction, it would be imensly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Milos

1 Reply 1

Roger De Couto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Milos,

I have a similar project now. Just wondering how you went with your project? and if there's any advise you can share?

Thanks,

Roger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: