Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to mark for QoS coming into MPLS

Recently changed direction of career from Enterprise to Service Provider. My first project is to implement QoS across our MPLS backbone. The theory is simple. We have 5 customers and 5 markings. Customer 1 will be EXP 1, Customer 2 will be EXP 2, etc. However, I cannot figure out how to initially mark traffic.

I can create class maps but those first look for a CoS, DSCP, or EXP marking. I want to mark based on either an ingress interface or VLAN and I cannot seem to figure that out. Can anyone provide any light to my path and point me in the direction?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Virendra Pratap
Level 1
Level 1

you can directly use class-map default and set mpls experimental imposition bit according to your customer at customer ingress interface. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Virendra Pratap
Level 1
Level 1

you can directly use class-map default and set mpls experimental imposition bit according to your customer at customer ingress interface. 

Thank you Virendra! On to phase 2 of the project now! :)

If there are others looking into this..

Looks like I needed to create several class maps and policy maps. On the ingress physical interface, I'm creating a service instance and then applying the policy map (service-policy command) to that service instance.